Come motivarti a fare esercizio
Ottobre 14, 2020
The pandemic changed fitness across the board. In the first few weeks of the shelter-at-home order, gyms shut down almost immediately. It prompted gym-goers to hoard gym products like free weights in the same fashion that led to a shortage of tissue paper.
A Business Insider report said that the sales of stationary and outdoor bikes are on the rise because of the pandemic. There is also a surge of buying at-home fitness equipment such as the treadmill, as more Americans find more creative ways to get their fitness fix.
Are you working out, too?
It is a common idea that working out does wonders for the body. It not only tones the body but also boosts immunity and provides endorphins or the hormones that trigger happiness. When you feel down, you can stretch or exercise to turn the day around.
But following a routine may sometimes be difficult, especially for those who are used to sweating it out at the gym. With a little creativity, you can still do your workout safely within the safe confines of your home.
Working out at home? Try these tips
Motivation may not come along these days. But it pays to push yourself a little bit when it comes to your maintaining your health. Just like any workout sessions with a trainer or in the gym, you can take the time to prepare for it before doing the actual workout. Here are some ways to get going for those days when it is hard to start exercising:
- Stick to a routine -- You must have read this in different self-improvement articles. But there is a great reason why this is always on top of the list. Developing a routine helps you to have a more structured day, which can help you to be productive. You can start with a list of things to do before you start your day, so you have something to go back to when you feel like slacking. The Muse said that you could try to use pen and paper because it is easier to stick to activities when they are on paper.
- Designate a workout space -- It just follows that having no space to workout can be a stumbling block. To make this right, you can go around this and dedicate a space where you can ease your mind or jump right in for a quick sweat session. Having this kind of area will remind you about your routine - regardless if you want to work out in the morning, afternoon, or during the evening after work hours.
- Set aside time for it -- You might be discouraged because workouts can be time-consuming. It is always about quality over quantity. You can have a great cardio workout session in 20 minutes if you push hard. A weight training session with the right intensity could be finished within an hour. The key is to keep moving and to assess your body’s reaction towards your preferred workout.
- Do it with others -- Do you miss your gym buddies? You can be creative and organize a Zoom exercise date with your friends so you can be motivated to workout. If you have kids, you can let them join you so they can stay healthy too. Check your local gym studio or trainer if they give free workout videos on Instagram Live or Zoom. Lastly, you can play Youtube videos, so you do not feel as alone when you workout.
- Enjoy your workout -- Find the physical activity that you like best. Part of staying healthy is enjoying what you do, not just merely copying others. Whether you find peace in doing yoga or strength training, you can make the most of your workout if you love what you do.
But if you do choose to go out, remember to stay safe
If you like to run or walk, you can always do so, provided that you practice social distancing and wear a protective covering to protect yourself and others.
Do not forgo wearing a face mask even if you have to huff and puff during your run. You can opt for cotton masks or a buff -- a tube of fabric that covers the face and neck. Donning your mask or buff is vital even if you feel uncomfortable. Even if you feel fine, you could be an asymptomatic carrier, as said in the CNBC article.
Some tips include looking for a trail with few people, so you have less risk of exposing yourself to the virus. But if you do not have a choice but to do your physical activities with other people around, be sure to give people more than six feet of space, per the CNBC article.
Other suggestions include running with a house buddy, so there is no added risk of infection. The article also said that if you miss your jogging buddies, try to get in touch with them via phone calls or chatting during your run.
Take care of yourself
If you take care of yourself, you will reap the rewards of having a healthier body. A great physique will enable you to achieve more in the days to come. Keep moving!